Carmen thought this Carousel was way too dangerous because it had no safety belt. She held on for dear life and would not let me walk away!
We have a CD of children's animal songs that Carmen loves to listen to as we drive to and from school. Recently she was singing "mommy's taking us to the Zoo tomorrow" and then said, "I have never been to the zoo." These are not words a mother wants to hear from her 4 year old. So, here's the excuse. When we lived in Virginia we would go to the National Zoo multiple times each year. It was free and HUGE. We never saw all the animals in one trip. It was great. Since living in Utah I have gone to the Zoo with each of the boys on their kindergarten field trip. (almost every year.) So, I felt like I had been to the Zoo lots with my sweet kids, forgetting that Carmen was not alive in Virginia and has yet to enter kindergarten.(thank goodness!) So, yesterday I took Carmen to the Zoo. I called my sister-in-law Katie and she and Megan came too. It was a blast. At first I was a bit worried that I had wasted my money as Carmen wanted to eat lunch upon arrival at 10:30 and was totally entertained by the crows eating the food the kids dropped. But after her tummy was full she loved it! She wanted to personally take pictures of every animal. It was great. As I was tucking her into bed last night sh said,"thanks for taking me to the Zoo. I have told like 100 people about it!" A day well spent! Mommy finally took her to the Zoo!!!
3 comments:
Well it's about time!!! Just kidding! It's fun that you got to have some mommy-daughter time. A trip with mommy and no other siblings is better than anything. I'm glad she enjoyed it. :)
She is so cute. What a fun thing to do.
I'm not sure it was a bad thing that you waited for her to WANT to go before you actually took her... I bet she appreciated it even more!
Post a Comment