Sunday, May 4, 2008

An eventful week. . .

Blair and I celebrated our 11th anniversary on Friday! It is amazing how fast time flies. We do not feel old enough to have been married 11 years but with Eric turning 10 in a few months it puts everything into perspective. We enjoyed a nice evening with dinner at Ruth Chris' and shopping. Aaron asked if they could celebrate our marriage with us so we had Bajio takeout on Saturday! It has been a great 11 years and very eventful with school, moving and babies. We look forward to the next 11 staying right where we are!

Saturday afternoon the Lewis cousins got together at Aunt Nikol's and made stepping stones for Grandma for mother's day. It will be so fun to put them on the path going up to the cave at grandma's house. The kids had a good time making the stones and will love following them on the trail and finding theirs!

It was Daddy Day on Saturday at Carmen's school. She was so excited to take Dad to her school and show him what they do there. She was so excited to tell me that they played dolls and painted. In this photo she is showing us where Grandma and Grandad are on their mission. She misses them and asks if they are home often. When she and Blair got home from Daddy Day Blair thanked her for inviting him to her school and she said, " I didn't invite you, Miss Samantha did. You should thank her."
Benji and Carmen are such goof balls! They were eating string cheese for lunch and decided that they made great fake teeth. They laughed their heads off at eachother and told me I had to take photos!

Well we finally did it. We found a new home for cute little Lola. The kids were very sad but it was definately time. She was so mischevious that I had run out of solutions. She loved to play with the dogs next door and had begun to dig holes under the fence to go play. After she would get into their yard she and their little shitzu would climb through their rod iron fence and run in the field next door. I started to put her on a chain in the backyard so she couldn't go play and she figured out how to undo her collar to get loose to escape. At that point I called Blair and said that I had had enough. She was so sweet and we all really liked her but I am not a dog person and I was spending so much time chasing her or trying to find a way to keep her in that we decided it was time. The kids had gotten tired of helping chase her that I think it made the situation easier for them. She is in a good home with a handicapped little girl who wanted a little dog to sit on her lap and let her pet it. Good solution for all!

2 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Wow! That was a lot of updates...good for you! I'm so glad you don't have to chase little Lola anymore. She was cute but it sounded like she had become quite a handful!

Congratulations on your anniversary! I can't believe Eric will be 10 soon. Time does fly.

Take care!!!

Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Katie-

Sounds like an exciting week ya'll had. I am glad you got rid of Lola...welcome back to the family (j/k). I hope you guys are all doing well. Take care.

Sarah