Monday, December 22, 2008

December Fun!

December has been a crazy busy month. We started the month by going to the Festival of Trees. The group that Eric plays violin with had the opportunity to play there. It was really fun for him to perform for such a big crowd. He had really become a great violinist after just a year. We are very proud of him and how hard he works at it. He is great to get up every morning at 6am to practice piano and violin before school!

Along with seeing Eric perform at the Festival of Trees we were able to see the beautiful tree that my mom and her Young Women's group decorated. My mom is so talented, she never ceases to amaze me. Here is a photo of her with a few of her grandkids and her tree. It sold for $12,000. What a great way to serve the children in our community!

Before leaving, we visited Santa and had a scone!


For family night a few weeks ago we decorated our gingerbread house. It may not be the most beautiful house you have ever seen but my kids are very proud of it! They had lots of fun decorating it and can't wait to eat it! (I have convinced them to wait until Christmas although I think it is kinda gross to it after it has sat out for weeks, but we'll see!)

I will try to post the rest of the month's happenings before Christmas! For now, my computer time is up!

2 comments:

The Grant Family said...

Just thought I'd say hello. Hope you guys are doing well. We have a letter to pass on to you, I only glanced at it briefly, and I think it looked like a Christmas card. I'll get it to you soon. We've had company and will have company until Friday. It's just Sean's mom now, so it been nice. Hope your Christmas went well. Take care!!!

Lewis Family said...

Hey Katrina, What a sweet family.. I'm so proud of Eric for stickin with that violin. What a talented young man you have. Your Mom's tree is amazing!! Such an over achiever--of course that explains the rest of you over-achievers. Love you guys and can't wait to see ya'll this summer! Hope you are feeling well in these last few weeks.